I love this quote because it reminds me of the people I most enjoy interacting with--Economist Educators (see definition below).
However, I think we can expand the sentiment of the quote to include the idea that passion also drives the development and growth in technique.
Economist Educators are always looking to get better at what they do!
This is why I am so excited to announce that Registration is Now Open for the 9th Annual Economics Teaching Conference sponsored by Cengage Learning and the National Economics Teaching Association (formerly the Gulf Coast Economics Association)
The conference will be in exciting Austin, TX
Thursday and Friday, Oct. 24 and 25, 2013
More Info to Come!A couple of important points:
There will be a call for papers announced shortly. Since this is an academic teaching conference, presented papers are peer reviewed and accepted by NETA (not Cengage Learning)
For the very first time there is an Early Earlybird Special. If you register before May 31 you get an even lower discount than the Earlybirds get!
economist educator (ih-kon-uh-mist ej-oo-kay-ter)
- plays two key roles; economist and educator
- is passionate about economics and also believes that instruction is an art and a gift that we give to the future
- believes that the world is better off for the knowledge they impart
- understands that the tools provided for this instruction should be the best available and worthy of the extraordinary skill and effort they put forth every day
- believes passionately in the art of instruction, the power of engagement and the spark of discovery
Important Note: Please Disregard any previous dates you may have heard. The conference is officially the 24th and 25th of October 2013