It Was an Amazing Time!The 8th Annual Economics Teaching Conference sponsored by South-Western, Cengage Learning and NETA is in the books!
You can see more photos Right Here
More highlights to come, but here are just a few:
- The Gulf Coast Economics Association is now The National Economics Teaching Association--NETA due to its amazing growth and national scope
- Keynotes by Greg Mankiw and Alan Blinder were webcast live and viewed all around the world.
- The first annual Economist Educator Best in Class Teaching Award was given.
- 15 graduate students in economics participated and had a special session and a private seminar with Greg Mankiw hosted by Cengage Learning.
- This was the largest conference thus far with 160 of the most involved, creative and motivated instructors of economics in the country participating, teaching and learning from each other and some of the most noted economists in the world.
WILL YOU BE JOINING US NEXT YEAR?
|Alan Grant receives teaching award|
|The 'Meme Guys'|
|Ian Taylor and John Min|
|Alan Blinder holds court at dinner|