Over 160 of the most creative and talented economist educators will be convening starting Thursday in Orlando, Florida for the 8th Annual Economics Teaching Conference sponsored by Cengage Learning and the Gulf Coast Economics Association.
Last year we had a record turn out and this year is even bigger!
Exciting Stuff Indeed!:
- Over 30 academic sessions.
- Instructors submitted proposals to the economists of the Gulf Coast Economics Association who chose this year's offerings
- Keynote talks by some of the top economists in the country
- James Gwartney speaks at lunch on Thursday
- Alan Blinder speaks at 4 p.m. on Thursday
- Economic Journalist, Daniel Gross speaks at Breakfast on Friday
- Greg Mankiw speaks at 1 p.m. on Friday
- Mankiw and Blinder talks will be streamed live for FREE. Register Here
- Special Graduate Student Sessions Offered for Free for Our Future Economist Educators
- .Gail Hoyt from the University of Kentucky will run the sessions. Grad students get to have lunch, hear Mankiw's Keynote talk and meet Greg.
- Awarding of the First Annual Economist Educators Best in Class Teaching Award
How can you follow the conference?Right here. Starting tomorrow, we will be posting regularly.