Friday, September 21, 2012

Steve Young, You Had Me at Inelastic Demand!


Steve Young 
Anybody else have this same experience the other day? I was doing three things at once with a TV NFL show on in the room for white noise. Suddenly I heard something that is so out of the ordinary that it stood me still and caused me to laserfocus on the screen.

There is Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young talking about the NFL and the problem with the replacement officials in purely economic terms. I am not talking about off the cuff,  spouting, pseudo-economics by somebody who would not know a PPF from a ppt,--I am talking real MWF 9-10 Economics 201 here.

You could see this former BYU economics major's frustration as his co-hosts just could not 'get it'  (watch his hands on the desk).

Ahhhh, Steve, if I can take liberties with Renee Zellweger's famous line from Jerry Maguire, "You had me at inelastic demand."
JC

Post Monday Night Football Update-----DEMAND MAY HAVE JUST STARTED TO GET MORE ELASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment