Friday, June 1, 2012

Confessions of an Econ Groupie - AEA Teaching Conference

      Ok, I admit it, I am an econ groupie. As the marketing manager for a publisher, I get a backstage pass to the greatest economists in the world.
      This evening I had the priviledge of dining with 35 of the most creative Economist Educators in the country and 3 of my all time economist heroes, Will Baumol, Greg Mankiw and Jim Gwartney.
      These are the true heroes of economic education, the authors who create the tools and the instructors who perform in the trenches every day. I am blessed to work with both groups.
John Carey, Jim Gwartney, Greg Mankiw, Will Baumol
JC

2 comments:

  1. Will Baumol seems like a great guy...over 20 years ago, back when I was just starting to teach econ principles, he was nice enough to send me personal letter in response to a question I posed to him...he didn't know who I was but he took the time to send me a thoughtful response (this was before emails...back when responding to someone took a fair amount of effort)...I still have that letter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the true gentlemen of the profession.

    ReplyDelete